Thursday, March 1, 2012

Organized Chaos




One of my goals when I started this blog was to talk about organization... I haven't done that a bunch.

There isn't really a right way or wrong way to organize something.  Just because "Suzy" likes the label maker and Rubbermaid containers doesn't mean you have to too.  "Organized Chaos" is actually a legitimate style of organization... so long as it actually is ORGANIZED chaos... and not just chaos.

I do a bit of OCD organization but I also have my "Organized Chaos" areas too: one being under our bathroom sink.  It doesn't look neat and pretty but it all works.  Things we use on a regular basis are at the front and refill items are at the back.  All "getting" ready products are in the same stack and all grooming aids are in a different stack.  

The point is: no organization style is better than another.  If you do better with labels so that everyone knows where it goes: GREAT!  If you do better when things are stacked: AWESOME.  If you do better with having messy baskets that divide up your categories: AMAZING.  

If it works for you and your family: don't let someone look down on you for it.  Be you in every way!  Even down to the silly things like organization: find your organizational personality.

2 comments:

  1. I love organizing and totally agree with you that everyone has a different way of doing it! It just depends what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id love to see a post on organizing your blog. You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete